And no one can assist in this work except he shall be humble and full of love, having faith, hope, and charity, being temperate in all things, whatsoever shall be entrusted to his care. D&C 12:8

Monday, February 9

Week 15- Baptisms are Bomb

Hello all of everyone. This week this letter is going to be a little short because i have a lot of pictures to send and also we have a lesson today so...perdon. 

The bestest and biggest thing that comes to mind that happened last week is that.....KARINA AND ALEXA DECIDED TO BE BAPTIZED. woot. It was so crazy because Hermana Barrios was on exchanges with different sisters so Hermana Gifford and I were together and she came out the same time that I did so our Spanish is literally a REAL STRUGGLE. But when we said we have prayed and we feel like February 14th is the date that you should be baptized, afterward Hermana Gifford said that she literally felt like the Spirit was pushing her up against the wall and I got all hot from the inside out. it was the coolest feeling. Anyways Karina and Alexa both said that they definitely felt like they were ready. So that is coming up this week! 

We went to Catholic Church on Thursday because one of our investigators invited us and it was super interesting haha. So I hope this isnt bad to say but American Catholic church and Mexican Catholic church are definitely a bit different. It felt kinda like a party because they were dancing at some parts like the Hokey Pokey and I wont go into too much detail but it was definitely weird stuff. 

Something that I am really grateful for this week is the fact that we have a prophet who leads us and guides us today. There is a picture in our apartment of President Monson and he is just smiling with his counselors sitting by him and I just think that someone so holy and inspired is funny and kind and personable. It makes me realize how much I feel like this church is for real people today and that it is encouraging rather than damning. I think that is important. That it talks more about ways we can be better despite our sins rather than how much trouble we are going to be in because of our sins. 

Also I am so glad that Bishop Hansen is still Bishop after the big split!!!! but I am sad they seperated us. Our ward was the best ward in the world. 


All is well. Sorry it is short. have a good week.