And no one can assist in this work except he shall be humble and full of love, having faith, hope, and charity, being temperate in all things, whatsoever shall be entrusted to his care. D&C 12:8

Monday, June 8

Week 32- Paperwork and Translating

Pre- warning this is going to be the most boring worst email I have ever written because we stayed inside ALL WEEK! We have been transferring hundreds and hundreds of records from the past ten years onto digital records in the iPad's. Literally anyone even talked to on the street by missionaries in 2005 we have had to put in and it has been brutal so we are pretty short on the coolest things ever BUT the other night we had spent hours working on the iPad's and just decided to take a break and see if we could catch Pancho at home but then we saw a family outside eating so we started talking to them and by the end they each gave us their address to come by and visit! Three different families so we were really excited about that. Especially since just before that we had stopped by a man's house who a few months ago had told us he did not want to learn because he didnt really want to change but our ward mission leader works with him and said that he had been going through a hard time and it might be a good time to stop by. we knocked on his door and he came out to talk to us and we began to talk and he told us about some things that had been going on and then said i think that Jesus can help me become better so that I can help my kids become better. I think I am ready to learn. Wow! It is so sad how sometimes people need to pass through things difficult to turn to God but the Lord is preparing people in our lives to grab by the hand and lead to Him. and right after that before we meet the families we saw a woman standing outside her house with a baby that is so little and we talked to her and she just smiled and smiled as we told her that the Gospel could bless her family. She seemed so excited! 

Everything was pretty normal until Sunday when it was my turn to translate in sacrament meeting for the FIRST TIME! AHHH. So I was translating from Spanish to English and it was going pretty good but then this little grandma got up to give her testimony and she didnt hold the microphone very well so I honestly couldnt hear her at. all. I would catch some words here and there so then I just started to make up a testimony based on the words that I did hear. I knew that she was talking about being in a hospital and having a dream about a man. So I said that Jesus had come to her with a bunch of white people with Him and said that she would be fine and my companion just started laughing and laughing and she whispered to me NO! Jesus came to her with angels in white robes!!! lol so funny. and then I just made up all of the rest so all the people with headphones probably thought that little grandma was crazy. The worst was that her daughter got up right after and referred to the story that her mom had said but i told a different story so I am sure those only speaking English had no idea what was going on! 

Lydya came with her husband to a party with the members yesterday which was amazing because she is ready to be baptized but she isnt willing to do it without her husband and he doesnt want to learn so it was great to see him begin to budge a little! 

Anyways sorry so boring. Love yall! 

Hermana J