So last week I realized that I titled my email cherry picking and then forgot to tell you that I went cherry picking! haha so in Oregon they basically grow all of their own food and they grow so much that they just let people come and pick on their farms and pay a dollar per pound for different types of fruit. It was super super fun!!!! Except I found a spider on one of them and so now I can't eat all the ones that I picked.
So the week started out pretty eventful. We went to go visit an investigator we hadn't seen in weeks and we were just hoping they would be home. Well they came out to the front porch and started talking to us and I don't know exactly how we got into it but we just started testifying about how we have a living prophet today and how he leads us for the things we are going through right now. And Jose-our investigator- is not necessarily argumentative but he always has an opinion and he wants to tell it to you. But he got really quiet and then said you know what? I am really going to have to think about that. I have never thought about that before. And he excepted the Book of Mormon. Then he preceded to tell us we just had to marry his sons so we got out of there as fast as possible. lol but it is so interesting and makes so much sense that because God loves us he would give us a prophet to lead us through the turbulent times. We may not need to be freed from Egypt or get every animal on a big old boat but we have to not get sucked in to the black hole of technology and we have to be kind in a world where manners really dont mean much and we have to be a family when we have a thousand things attacking it. So we would definitely need the guidance. So I am grateful that God was good enough to hook us up in this dispensation.
We were also teaching Mimi the other day and she wanted to show us her quincinera pictures and we started to look at them closer...they were literally taken outside of the temple in portland lol! I guess everybody knows how beautiful it is.
We might be having a baptism here pretty soon. His name is Poncho and he is on date for the 5th of July. All though we aren't too sure that he will make it because he didn't come to church this week we are really hoping. Have prayers for Poncho- he has all the cards stacked against him and will have a lot of hurdles to jump through so hope for the best.
Well I luckily went through the typical missionary experience where a dog tried to bite my hand off but the worst part was that it was a members dog and it was this sweet little grandmas dog and I was just petting it like I always had before and I guess I must have just seemed threatening because he just tried to bite my hand off haha! It wasnt too bad just a little flesh wound. learned my lesson.
Something that was a big evidence that God's timing is AWESOME is that we got a member to come to a lesson with us to see Lydya and her husband would be there for the first time but we knocked on the door and no one was there so we were pretty bummed out so then we were talking to someone out in the street for awhile and I guess that Lydya drove by because she called us later and told us that her husband had seen us as he drove by and felt bad that they hadnt been there so he was going to come to church for the first time. Well he didnt come but i think desire is a good sign.
Just so you know- holidays are not holidays for missionaries. they are just days when no one is home becuase they are all at parties and so you just drive around for hours trying to have anyone let you into their house.
thats all.
Love hermana johnson
Conference
Spanish Sisters
The District
Girl from the Ward
Weekly planning




