And no one can assist in this work except he shall be humble and full of love, having faith, hope, and charity, being temperate in all things, whatsoever shall be entrusted to his care. D&C 12:8

Monday, August 10

Week 41- Come To Churchhhh

It was a really good week here in the OSM. I think sometimes I sit down to write every week and I don't know what to say because I feel like we do the same things week after week. But really I think that is just me forgetting that every miracle, no matter how small, is still a miracle. And each day as a missionary is a blessing. 

We have been teaching a few young guys that are here working in Oregon for the summer but they are originally from California. They go home in two weeks and we will hopefully get the missionaries over there on their way. But we had a really great lesson with them this week. Their names are Joel and Armando. Armando has a new daughter and doesn't believe at all really in God but especially in an after life. Joel is a little bit more of a believer. We began to teach the Plan of Salvation to them and when we began to tell them that ya, there is life after death and even more important that there is a place prepared for all of God's children not just Heaven and then Fire and Brimstone, Joel began to smile from ear to ear. And he said, " I am not scared anymore." And Armando didn't say too much. But we invited them to pray and ask if really all the things we taught them were true and I know that if Armando really does do that, he won't be scared anymore as well. When Joel finally found the truth that really God loves us and takes care of us, it was a sweet moment. How scary it must have been for him all this time thinking that he could only look forward to eternal torment. God loves us a lot, and I know that he wouldn't want any of us to suffer eternally for our mistakes. It's just not Him. He loves us too much. 

Juvenal came to church yesterday for the first time and he said he LOVED it!!!! :) :) Literally we love him SOOO MUCH! 

Other than that I was reading this really cool scripture this week and have been thinking a lot about it and just wanted to share it with you. I love this scripture so much. He helps us conquer anything this world throws at us. 
Psalms 23 
The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want.
2 He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters.
3 He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake.
4 Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.
5 Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over.
6 Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the Lord for ever.

Sorry I don't have much else to write about this week but I love y'all so much :)

Hermana Johnson