It was a week of a lot of ups and downs, as always.
We have to start with the funny this week. Last Monday we met a woman who told us the earth was her religion. She believed in the trees. Ha so awesome. She just wanted to put "good vibes" into the world.
Honestly some things I feel you would only hear in Oregon. Then right after that we saw Patrica one of our investigators who was Facetiming her brother in Mexico. She wanted us to talk to him and so we did say hi and she started trying to hook us up with him and he told us we had beautiful smiles. Patricia then told us he might kidnap us to Mexico but not to worry because he would help with the cleaning and become a man of God. So if I go missing, start looking in Vera Cruz :) then later in the week we went to go visit another investigator and she saw us pull up through her window and she left the house and started running (hence the title) SHE LITERALLY RAN AWAY FROM US! It was so funny and slightly tragic haha. I got really sick after dinner one night and we were kind of far from home so we decided to stop at a Walgreens for the bathroom and I went in and asked if they could unlock the door and they called a code 77 over the intercom and someone had to escort me- I was so embarrassed! Too funny :)
It was also a transfer week like I said last week. I am so mad I missed that transfer meeting because guess what? President introduced in front of everyone that Hermana Barrios (my mom that left the
mission three months ago) is ENGAGED to an ELDER from our MISSION. And also a lot of other crazy things happened but that was the main one. Gustavo also was there and he leaves on his mission in a week so I am sad I didn't get to see him one last time but I know he will be so good.
It has been a really rough week for Juvenal. Maria, his wife, has decided to stop studying with us. She actually has gotten really angry and said that the Book of Mormon is an abomination and everything. I
have no idea what happened- a week ago everything was fine but we are going to continue working for her. Pray for her please, a lot, everyday. Juvenal really wants that eternal family that we all keep
talking about. But despite all of that Juvenal still wants to continue forward on his personal path and has decided to be baptized September 26th. It's been a tearful week in that situation. But I guess when you know the Gospels true, you have been comforted and happy because of it, you just have to follow what God asks you to do. At least that is how Juvenal sees it.
Honestly this week was hard. We did a lot of tracting and when we weren't tracting all of our investigators hit a bump of some sort, sometimes big bumps. But I watched a video the other day that talked about a gardener who had just bought a new farm which had a Currant bush growing on it that had grown really tall but wasn't producing any fruit. The gardener came around and cut down the currant bush almost to the stump and the gardener could imagine the stump crying to him and saying "why would he cut me down? I was growing so big and was taller than all the other trees and he cut me down." But the gardener didn't want him to be as tall as the other bushes, he just wanted the
bush to produce fruit. Then after a bit of time the bush grew more beautiful than before and produced delicious fruit. Then the currant bush understood why the gardener cut him down. God is the same.
Sometimes he cuts us down to the very roots so that when we begin to grow again we become who he intends us to be and we fulfill our potential, even if it's not what we wanted at first or if we don't
understand why he wouldn't just let us float around at 6 feet tall. He does love us though and he intends us to be the best we can be.
I love you so much!
Hermana J
We have to start with the funny this week. Last Monday we met a woman who told us the earth was her religion. She believed in the trees. Ha so awesome. She just wanted to put "good vibes" into the world.
Honestly some things I feel you would only hear in Oregon. Then right after that we saw Patrica one of our investigators who was Facetiming her brother in Mexico. She wanted us to talk to him and so we did say hi and she started trying to hook us up with him and he told us we had beautiful smiles. Patricia then told us he might kidnap us to Mexico but not to worry because he would help with the cleaning and become a man of God. So if I go missing, start looking in Vera Cruz :) then later in the week we went to go visit another investigator and she saw us pull up through her window and she left the house and started running (hence the title) SHE LITERALLY RAN AWAY FROM US! It was so funny and slightly tragic haha. I got really sick after dinner one night and we were kind of far from home so we decided to stop at a Walgreens for the bathroom and I went in and asked if they could unlock the door and they called a code 77 over the intercom and someone had to escort me- I was so embarrassed! Too funny :)
It was also a transfer week like I said last week. I am so mad I missed that transfer meeting because guess what? President introduced in front of everyone that Hermana Barrios (my mom that left the
mission three months ago) is ENGAGED to an ELDER from our MISSION. And also a lot of other crazy things happened but that was the main one. Gustavo also was there and he leaves on his mission in a week so I am sad I didn't get to see him one last time but I know he will be so good.
It has been a really rough week for Juvenal. Maria, his wife, has decided to stop studying with us. She actually has gotten really angry and said that the Book of Mormon is an abomination and everything. I
have no idea what happened- a week ago everything was fine but we are going to continue working for her. Pray for her please, a lot, everyday. Juvenal really wants that eternal family that we all keep
talking about. But despite all of that Juvenal still wants to continue forward on his personal path and has decided to be baptized September 26th. It's been a tearful week in that situation. But I guess when you know the Gospels true, you have been comforted and happy because of it, you just have to follow what God asks you to do. At least that is how Juvenal sees it.
Honestly this week was hard. We did a lot of tracting and when we weren't tracting all of our investigators hit a bump of some sort, sometimes big bumps. But I watched a video the other day that talked about a gardener who had just bought a new farm which had a Currant bush growing on it that had grown really tall but wasn't producing any fruit. The gardener came around and cut down the currant bush almost to the stump and the gardener could imagine the stump crying to him and saying "why would he cut me down? I was growing so big and was taller than all the other trees and he cut me down." But the gardener didn't want him to be as tall as the other bushes, he just wanted the
bush to produce fruit. Then after a bit of time the bush grew more beautiful than before and produced delicious fruit. Then the currant bush understood why the gardener cut him down. God is the same.
Sometimes he cuts us down to the very roots so that when we begin to grow again we become who he intends us to be and we fulfill our potential, even if it's not what we wanted at first or if we don't
understand why he wouldn't just let us float around at 6 feet tall. He does love us though and he intends us to be the best we can be.
I love you so much!
Hermana J


